NFDC SCREENWRITERS’ LAB
The NFDC Screenwriters’ Lab is an annual programme that offers screenwriters the opportunity to experiment with and explore their screenplays under the mentorship of acclaimed international script and industry experts.
Held in collaboration with Film Bazaar, the lab also introduces participants to global industry norms and practices. Additionally, the lab trains the participants to pitch and present their projects to domestic and international producers and investors.
For the 2022 edition, fiction features of any genre are invited to apply to the Lab.
Screenwriters’ Lab 2011
“Both the Lab and Bazaar were amazing. Our project got into the Cinemart in Rotterdam, which would not have been possible without the development in the lab. We also had many useful meetings at the bazaar”
SUBMIT YOUR PROJECT
Before you begin, please read the Rules | Regulations and Undertaking for guidelines of the application process.
If you have queries, please go through the Definitions and FAQs.
- Open only for Indian citizens residing in India
- Open only for feature length fiction films
- Create a MyFilmBazaar Account.
- Use this ID to access the online application form.
- The Deadline for applications is 23rd August 2022 (11.59 pm IST).
- Applications will not be considered complete till the payment has been processed.
- Email/hardcopy applications will not be accepted.
- Short Synopsis (100 – 150 words)
- Writer’s Statement (100 – 150 words)
- Link to past work
In addition, you have the option of submitting either
- Full Screenplay
- Minimum First 20 pages (or above) of the Screenplay (in industry accepted format) along with
- Long Synopsis (6 -10 pages | 12 point font, single spaced, 1” margin)
- Session 1 – September 2022
- Session 2 – October 2022
- Session 3 – Before NFDC Film Bazaar
- NFDC Film Bazaar 20 – 24 Nov, 2022
- INR 8000 for applications submitted on or before the Regular Deadline, 23rd August 2022(11.59 pm IST)
- For further clarifications, write to email@example.com